Sourcing decisions can have a huge impact on costs, business agility and customer perception and confidence, and as is frequently seen in today’s media, getting sourcing right is critically important. To fully understand sourcing is to know how to build a sourcing strategy, consider FOB and landed options and use this knowledge to make decisions in the best interests of your business and your customer.
What you will learn
- How to build a sourcing strategy
- The importance of ethical and sustainable sourcing
- The different ways of sourcing product
- The terminology commonly used within sourcing
- How to calculate a landed cost price
- How to consider cultural differences to improve business relationships
Modules in more detail
Sourcing strategy – what is a sourcing strategy, why do you need one and how do you go about building one?
Sourcing ethically and sustainably – what does this really mean, and how can you make ethical and sustainable decisions?
Types of sourcing – the pros and cons of different sourcing models
Terminology and jargon – understand how to ‘speak’ sourcing so you can calculate a landed cost price with confidence
Cultural considerations – an appreciation of cultural differences and how this insight enables you to build better business relationships
Who is this course for
- All entry and intermediate level buying, planning, production and supply chain roles with responsibility for interacting with suppliers and sourcing products
$300.00 excl GST
Unsure if a course is right for you...
If you are uncertain whether a course is at the right level for you, then take an assessment through the Numensa Assessment Centre. We have six different assessments, three for buying and three for planning.
- Entry – for anyone new to retail or working in a buyer’s admin or allocator level
- Intermediate – for anyone working at the assistant/junior buyer/planner level
- Advanced – for anyone working at a buyer/planner or senior buyer/planner level
At a glance...
- Five online modules
- Total learning time = 1 hour
- Gamified self-led learning
- Works across PC, tablet and phone
- Full audio voiceover
- Video and eLearning format
- Digital activities, quizzes and action plans
- Practical application of best practice
- Full access for 6 months
- Developed by retail buying & planning professionals
- Digital certificate on completion
Combine with these courses and SAVE!
- Sourcing + 1 or these two courses = SAVE $50
- Sourcing + Creating a Strategy + Supplier Management = SAVE $100
- DISCOUNT ADDED AT CHECK OUT
Creating a Strategy
This series of five online modules underpins an understanding of the development of creating a robust strategy which meets the needs of the customer.
$350.00 excl GST
To assist you with your strategy development, why not pair with Supplier Management and learn how to develop a supplier strategy…
$350.00 excl GST