Buying Trips & Factory Visits
This short course is designed to act as a companion to the courses on Supplier management and Sourcing. The course explains how to go about planning for and then conducting buying trips and factory visits. As part of your role, you may be asked to visit factories and suppliers who manufacture your products – often overseas. These visits are critical to the decisions made about suppliers, sourcing and product and its important you feel confident to carry out the visits effectively.
What you will learn
- The purpose and benefits of a buying trip or factory visit
- The considerations and planning you should undertake to prepare for a buying trip or factory visit
- How to conduct the trip itself
- What to watch out for during a factory tour
Modules in more detail
Planning a buying trip or factory visit – exploring the reasons we carry out these trips, and how to prepare and develop objectives before you travel
Conducting a buying trip or factory visit – describing how effective meetings on these trips are a blend of planning, cultural considerations, building rapport and exchanging information. Plus, a useful guide on how to carry out a factory visit and what to look for
Who is this course for
- Junior roles within a buying team who are just beginning to take on the responsibility for these trips and visits
$127.00 excl GST
4 x fortnightly payments of $41.25 (inc GST)
Unsure if a course is right for you...
If you are uncertain whether a course is at the right level for you, then take an assessment through the Numensa Assessment Centre. We have six different assessments, three for buying and three for planning.
- Entry – for anyone new to retail or working in a buyer’s admin or allocator level
- Intermediate – for anyone working at the assistant/junior buyer/planner level
- Advanced – for anyone working at a buyer/planner or senior buyer/planner level
At a glance...
- Two online modules
- Total learning time – 35 minutes
- Gamified self-led learning
- Works across PC, tablet and phone
- Full audio voiceover
- Video and eLearning format
- Digital activities, quizzes and action plans
- Practical application of best practice
- Full access for 6 months
- Developed by retail buying professionals
- Digital certificate on completion
Sourcing decisions can have a huge impact on costs, business agility and customer perception and confidence, and as is frequently seen in today’s media, getting sourcing right is critically important.
$303.00 excl GST
4 x fortnightly payments of $82.50 (inc GST)