Merchandise planning is a critical pre-season process which enables the development of robust financial plans to deliver weekly sales, stock and intake (WSSI) targets, at department and category level. This comprehensive series of eight online modules explores the WSSI step-by-step and delivers valuable knowledge and information that is critical to effective merchandise planning.
What you will learn
- How to create a pre-season merchandise plan
- How a merchandise plan is broken down
- How to create departmental or category sales plans
- How to plan stock levels and phase intake to factor for seasonality
- How to manage open to buy (OTB)
- How to plan promotions and markdowns to maximise sales and manage stock
Modules in more detail
The pre-season merchandise plan – what it is, why we do it and an introduction to the WSSI
Planning sales – using the building blocks tool
Category planning– considering departmental key performance indicators and seasonality
Phasing sales – creating a pre-season sales plan
Planning markdowns – strategic vs. tactical promotions and permanent markdowns
Developing a stock plan -flat and forward cover and managing seasonal products and terminal stock
Planning intake – calculating OTB and developing an exit strategy
Planning margin – factors which impact both intake and sales margin
Who is this course for
- Intermediate level merchandise planning roles involved in pre-season planning
- Assistant levels new to this responsibility
- People working in the buying stream who wish to increase their understanding of the merchandise planning process
- Anybody wishing to refresh and validate their merchandise planning skills and knowledge
$400.00 excl GST
Unsure if a course is right for you...
If you are uncertain whether a course is at the right level for you, then take an assessment through the Numensa Assessment Centre. We have six different assessments, three for buying and three for planning.
- Entry – for anyone new to retail or working in a buyer’s admin or allocator level
- Intermediate – for anyone working at the assistant/junior buyer/planner level
- Advanced – for anyone working at a buyer/planner or senior buyer/planner level
At a glance...
- Eight online modules
- Total learning time = 2 hours 15 minutes
- Gamified self-led learning
- Works across PC, tablet and phone
- Full audio voiceover
- Video and eLearning format
- Digital activities, case studies, quizzes and action plans
- Practical application of best practice
- Full access for 6 months
- Developed byretail buying & planning professionals
- Digital certificate on completion
Combine with these courses and SAVE!
- Merchandise Planning + 1 or these two courses = SAVE $50
- Merchandise Planning + Assortment Planning + Evaluating Performance = SAVE $100
- DISCOUNT ADDED AT CHECK OUT
Assortment Planning & Range Building
The skills and techniques needed to assortment plan, balance range width and depth and range build are fundamentally important. They require a…
$400.00 excl GST
The ability to evaluate the effectiveness of your trading efforts, decisions and actions is key in meeting the departmental targets that contribute to business goals.
$350.00 excl GST