RETAIL BASICS IN MERCHANDISE MANAGEMENT
Understanding Retail: Jargon Buster and Key Retail Calculations
An understanding of how to perform key retail calculations and the terminology and jargon used by retailers is fundamental within any commercial role, yet this is often the area in which people are least willing to ask for help as they fear exposing a lack of knowledge.
This useful online course companion consists of a series of 14 short videos explaining the key calculations and a searchable jargon buster containing over 300 terms and abbreviations. It delivers pre-requisite knowledge essential to commercial decision making within a retail business.
What you will learn
- How to perform key retail calculations
- Commonly used retail commercial terms
Modules in more detail
Rate of sale
WSSI (Weekly sales stock and intake)
OTB (Open to buy)
Flat or spot cover
LFL (Like for like)
BTA (Balance to achieve)
Who is this course for
- Anybody in a commercial role who is new to retail
- Anybody wishing to validate existing knowledge and have a handy guide to refer to
- Anybody purchasing another Numensa Academy online course who wishes to ensure they have the right level of foundation knowledge
or 4 payments of $37.50 with Wizit learn more
4 x fortnightly payments of $41.25 (inc GST)
Unsure if a course is right for you...
If you are uncertain whether a course is at the right level for you, then take an assessment through the Numensa Assessment Centre. We have six different assessments, three for buying and three for planning.
- Entry – for anyone new to retail or working in a buyer’s admin or allocator level
- Intermediate – for anyone working at the assistant/junior buyer/planner level
- Advanced – for anyone working at a buyer/planner or senior buyer/planner level
Understanding Retail: The Retail Product Cycle
This series of ten video-based online modules is packed with information on the tools, techniques and processes that retailers use to help them interpret and deliver their strategies and present their offer. The modules give…
or 4 payments of $75.00 with Wizit learn more
4 x fortnightly payments of $82.5 (inc GST)
Buy Both Understanding Retail Courses And SAVE $50
UR: Calcs & Jargon is the partner course to UR: The Retail Product Cycle – purchase both courses together and save $50 on the price.
$400.00 excl GST
or 4 payments of $100.00 with Wizit learn more
4 x fortnightly payments of $110 (inc GST)
Back to Retail Basics Courses