RETAIL BASICS IN MERCHANDISE MANAGEMENT
Foundations of Buying & Merchandise Planning
This is our most comprehensive course and covers the theory behind the tasks and decisions made by professionals working in the merchandise management area. We look at not only the what and the how, but also the why. From roles and responsibilities, to key financials, through to the retail mix, pricing strategies, supplier relationships and more. This is an ideal course for anyone wanting to gain a solid foundation in merchandise management.
What you will learn
- What are the key roles in a merchandise team and how does the buyer and planner work together
- How to develop a pre-season financial plan for a category
- The considerations in planning a range and the importance of the customer
- How to evaluate the impact of markdown on sales & profits
- How to best manage and align suppliers to a
Modules in more detail
The world of buying & planning
- The Merchandise Management Process
- The Role of the Buyer & Planner
- Challenges Facing Retailers Today
- Assortment Strategies & Pre-Season Planning
- Merchandising Mix & Product Lifecycle
- The Merchandise Financial Plan
- Developing the Assortment Plan
Maximising sales & profits
- Financial Terms & Principles
- Analysing Sales
- Markdown & Promotional Analysis
- Pricing Strategies & Inventory Control
- Supplier relationships & trust
- Sourcing ethically & sustainably
- Cultural issues in supplier management
Who is this course for
This course is best suited for junior members of the buying/planning or merchandise department, e.g. assistant buyers or assistant merchandise planners, trainees and allocators, demand planners, or analysts.
It would also benefit those working in a marketing, product development, retail operations or supply chain role who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge of the buying and merchandise planning function.
$495.00 excl GST
or 4 payments of $123.75 with Wizit learn more
4 x fortnightly payments of $136.13 (inc GST)
Unsure if a course is right for you...
If you are uncertain whether a course is at the right level for you, then take an assessment through the Numensa Assessment Centre. We have six different assessments, three for buying and three for planning.
- Entry – for anyone new to retail or working in a buyer’s admin or allocator level
- Intermediate – for anyone working at the assistant/junior buyer/planner level
- Advanced – for anyone working at a buyer/planner or senior buyer/planner level
At a glance...
- 14 online modules
- Total learning time = 4 hours 40 minutes
- Works across PC, tablet and phone
- Full audio voiceover
- Interactive e-learning with quizzes and action plans
- Theories and strategies behind decisions
- Full access for 6 months
- Developed by retail buying & planning professionals
- Our most popular course
- Used by over 10 retailers to train their teams
- Digital certificate on completion
Creating a Strategy
This series of five online modules underpins an understanding of the development of creating a robust strategy which meets the needs of the customer, and delivers the goals of the business.
$350.00 excl GST
4 x fortnightly payments of $96.25 (inc GST)
Introduction to Negotiation Skills
This series of four online modules explores the process of negotiation and provides useful skills, tips and techniques to enable you to plan, prepare and conduct negotiations more effectively.
$550.00 excl GST
4 x fortnightly payments of $151.25 (inc GST)
More Buying & Planning Courses