The Journey from Cost to Profit
This series of three online modules provide an in-depth understanding of what’s involved in managing product costs to influence profitability through commercial costing and sourcing decisions. With an understanding of cost components, different costing types and how margin is comprised you are equipped to maximise profit, by making cost considered decisions and taking cost driven actions.
What you will learn
- How to break down cost components from a final cost price
- How and when to apply cost components
- How to make open and cross costings and the benefits of each
- How to calculate intake and final margin
- How your sourcing decisions can impact margin and profit
Modules in more detail
Cost components – how costs are broken down and how this insight can improve profitability
Commercial costing decisions – how to make costing decisions to improve intake margin
Costings and final margin – understand your role in cost decision-making and how this impacts final margin and departmental profitability
Who is this course for
- Entry level and intermediate buying roles involved in sourcing products and supplier negotiations
- Entry level and intermediate planning roles with responsibility for managing cost and margin parameters
$350.00 excl GST
Unsure if a course is right for you...
If you are uncertain whether a course is at the right level for you, then take an assessment through the Numensa Assessment Centre. We have six different assessments, three for buying and three for planning.
- Entry – for anyone new to retail or working in a buyer’s admin or allocator level
- Intermediate – for anyone working at the assistant/junior buyer/planner level
- Advanced – for anyone working at a buyer/planner or senior buyer/planner level
At a glance...
- Three online modules
- Total learning time = 1 hour 15 minutes
- Gamified self-led learning
- Works across PC, tablet and phone
- Full audio voiceover
- Video and eLearning format
- Digital activities, quizzes and action plans
- Practical application of best practice
- Full access for 6 months
- Developed by retail buying & planning professionals
- Digital certificate on completion
Combine with these courses and SAVE!
- Journey from Cost to Profit + Introduction to Negotiation Skills = SAVE $50
- DISCOUNT ADDED AT CHECK OUT
Introduction to Negotiation Skills
This series of four online modules explores the process of negotiation and provides useful skills, tips and techniques to enable you to plan, prepare and conduct negotiations more effectively. It includes…
$550.00 excl GST