Introduction to Negotiation Skills
This series of four online modules explores the process of negotiation and provides useful skills, tips and techniques to enable you to plan, prepare and conduct negotiations more effectively. It includes a personal TKI conflict report, which details preferred negotiation styles and anticipated responses to conflict, along with suggestions on how to be more agile in using different negotiating styles for more successful outcomes.
What you will learn
- What a negotiation is and how to establish the business objectives of a negotiation
- Why conflict occurs, how to respond to it and how to deal with it
- How to use a six-step framework to plan, conduct and conclude negotiations
- Tangible actions to become more efficient and effective in future negotiations
Modules in more detail
Introduction to negotiation – the art of negotiation, different types of negotiation and its importance within business strategy and success
Negotiation objectives – what a business needs and wants from a negotiation and how to set goals to achieve specific outcomes
Conflict in negotiation – understanding conflict within negotiations to manage it, respond effectively and shape outcomes
The six-step framework – explore a six-step negotiation framework for effective negotiation, covering all aspects from planning to conclusion
Who is this course for
- All intermediate level buying roles within the retail sector including those new to negotiation or role
- Those with little or no previous formal training who now hold senior buying positions or have responsibility for supplier contracts
$550.00 excl GST
Unsure if a course is right for you...
If you are uncertain whether a course is at the right level for you, then take an assessment through the Numensa Assessment Centre. We have six different assessments, three for buying and three for planning.
- Entry – for anyone new to retail or working in a buyer’s admin or allocator level
- Intermediate – for anyone working at the assistant/junior buyer/planner level
- Advanced – for anyone working at a buyer/planner or senior buyer/planner level
At a glance...
- Four online modules
- Total learning time = 1 hour 30 minutes
- Gamified self-led learning
- Works across PC, tablet and phone
- Full audio voiceover
- Video and eLearning format
- Digital activities, quizzes and action plans
- Personal TKI profile for every delegate
- Practical application of best practice
- Full access for 6 months
- Developed by retail buying & planning professionals
- Digital certificate on completion
Combine with these courses and SAVE!
- Introduction to Negotiation Skills + The Journey from Cost to Profit = SAVE $50
- DISCOUNT ADDED AT CHECK OUT
The Journey from Cost to Profit
This series of three online modules provide an in-depth understanding of what’s involved in managing product costs to influence profitability through commercial costing and sourcing decisions. With an understanding of…
$350.00 excl GST